Through the Technology of Participation (ToP®), we leverage engaging and time-tested methods to quickly synthesize information and help groups gain consensus. We can also train your people to become more knowledgeable and confident facilitators.
Following are just a handful of examples describing how the Event Garde team can utilize its knowledge and expertise in facilitation methods to support you and your work with key stakeholders:
- Utilize the focused conversation to provide for meaningful dialogue.
- Facilitate the consensus workshop to build practical team consensus.
- Employ the action planning process to clarify directions, align resources and designate roles/responsibilities.
- Leverage a variety of different approaches for environmental scanning.
- Conduct strategic planning in a time- and budget-conscious way.
- Ensure implementation of the best laid/facilitated plans.
- Get core agreement from a group around a meeting, event, topic or idea.
- Optimize talent and create winning teams via the Predictive Index® Behavioral Assessment.
- Host FACILIT8me community of practice discussions/meetings.
- Deliver the ToP Facilitation Methods course for your staff, board and/or members.
Do you find you or your team facilitating important conversations with staff, board members, and volunteers, but don't necessarily have the tools to do so effectively? Do you struggle with circular conversation in meetings that don't seem to go anywhere? Are you anxious about what to do when conflict arises or someone dominates the conversation? Whether a routine staff meeting or a full-day strategic planning session, is it challenging to have a productive conversation that achieves consensus and produces results?
Exploring the very same facilitation techniques the Event Garde team uses with clients, grow your facilitation knowledge, skills, and confidence through hands-on practice of the three proven methods introduced during the Technology of Participation (ToP) Facilitation Methods course: Focused Conversation Method, Consensus Workshop Method, and Action Planning Process. If you are interested in attending this fundamentals course, or hosting one internally for your team, complete this form. We will contact you with information about future public courses Event Garde is offering or we will work with you to set up a customized course at your location to train your group of 12 to 20.
Click on the Spark presentation below to learn more about Event Garde's approach to facilitation methods:
Visit Event Garde's Blog to search for articles on facilitation methods or check out posts authored by our facilitators below:
- Accounting for 5 types of unconscious bias in facilitation (Author: Aaron Wolowiec)
- Leveraging Technology in Virtual Facilitations (Author: Lindsay Gross)
- Listening to Lead (Author: Lindsay Gross)
- ACTION CARDS: A better way to meet (Author: Aaron Wolowiec)
- Facilitating with difficult personalities: What to do when the unthinkable occurs (Author: Aaron Wolowiec)
- Starting from the bottom up: facilitation’s foundational values (Author: Lindsay Gross)