This guest blog post is by Sara Krueger, manager of team relations for Event Garde and moderator of Healthy by Association.
Check out Episodes 1-20 of HBA Live! (January - May 2018) on HBA’s new Vimeo Channel.
There are some real gems — from shows on nutritious dishes and fitness trends to the exchange of tried and true tips with fellow meeting professionals. Officially follow our channel and then search for the topics that motivate you as a #GoalGetter. And don’t forget to leave comments after your favorite episodes to tell us what you think!
Note: Visit the HBA Facebook page to join a unique health and wellness space designed especially with our industry in mind.
Need to freshen up your fitness?
Fall is a fantastic time to re-evaluate the effectiveness of your routine, set new goals or recommit to your health journey, and kick your workouts up a notch for maximum results. Here, we’ve rounded up six fitness-focused HBA Live! episodes to help support you for the rest of 2018 and beyond! Click the links below to watch the shows and then share your own thoughts and advice with the community. We’d love to hear from you.
- Episode 1: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, highlight the top fitness trends of 2018.
- Episode 11: Capitol Hill Management Services’ VP of association management and strategic development and HBA moderator, Jim Thompson, promotes the benefits of early morning workouts and shares tricks that will help you love them even if you aren’t a morning person.
- Episode 13: MICPA’s director of conferences and special events, Katie Gadulka, showcases a variety of tips for staying mentally motivated during your runs.
- Episode 15: AORE’s executive director, Jeanette Stawski, asks HBA members to “jump right in” and join her for some fitness fun in the pool.
- Episode 16: Event Garde’s director of instructional design, Tracy Poches, chats with HBA Live! about how to embrace cross-fit at any age (no excuses!).
- Episode 17: Event Garde’s manager of team resources, HBA moderator and certified yoga instructor, Sara Krueger, reflects on the importance of play in our everyday lives and designs the perfect play-out for the busy professional (aka modern superhero).
- Episode 18: HBA Live! co-host, Angela Pelc, gets serious about picking the optimal workout timefor a high-powered lifestyle.
Worried about travelling healthy?
Let us help boost your conference creativity when it comes to wellness on the road. Check out three of our favorite HBA Live! episodes that speak to the challenges of staying healthy during conference season when the meetings never seem to end.
Want to change the conversation around food in your life?
In the following HBA Live! episodes, hear from HBA members who have transitioned to an “eat-to-live” mindset and learn about some of the top tech tools out there to help ensure your success.
Wondering what it takes to embrace wellness as a state of mind?
In this collection of HBA Live! episodes, join our members as they reveal the ups and downs of their personal health journeys, offer tips on how to create a more balanced and present life and emphasize the necessity of prioritizing self-care and awareness.
- Episode 2: HBA Live! co-host, Aaron Wolowiec, examines how meditation can reduce stress levels and encourage mindfulness and introduces simple techniques to try at home and while travelling.
- Episode 3: Capitol Hill Management Services’ VP of association management and strategic development and HBA moderator, Jim Thompson, investigates what it takes to successfully lose weight and keep it off.
- Episode 5: HBA Live! co-host, Angela Pelc, talks about maintaining the ever-elusive work-life balance.
- Episode 8: Find out what it takes to develop a better bedtime routine with HBA Live! co-hosts Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc.
- Episode 9: CEO of Scott Oser Associates, Scott Oser, explores whether there can be too much of a good thing in this candid conversation about exercise addiction.
- Episode 12: Event Garde’s director of facilitation services, Lindsay Gross, looks at what it means to be healthy at any size.
- Episode 19: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, think through the idea of perfection in both our work and our workouts and the benefits of letting go to become more grounded in the present.
- Episode 20: CSAE President and CEO and president of Limitless Association Solution Resource Motivation, Keith Segundo, opens up about his personal weight loss journey and digs in on the topic of staying motivated for the long haul.