Healthy By Association Expands Access to HBA Live! Episodes
This guest blog post is by Sara Krueger, manager of team resources for Event Garde.
We recognize how hard it is to learn in today’s world. Time is limited and often, our attention is divided between a million different priorities. And, if you’re anything like us, we never seem to make a dent in the list of books and videos we wish to enjoy.
As such, our team launched the HBA Vimeo Channel this year to make it easier for members to listen and learn with us. Here is a snapshot of newly uploaded episodes 21-29 with links to further reading. Check them out today!
Surviving the Busy Conference Season: HBA Live! Co-host, Aaron Wolowiec, broadcasts from around the country and speaks with fellow attendees who are making wellness work on the road.
- Episode 14: CEO of Metal Treating Institute Management, Tom Morrison, recounts lessons learned while trying to stay healthy on the conference circuit and gives pointers for being successful in your own lives.
- Episode 30: HBA Live! co-host, Aaron Wolowiec, broadcasts live from the 2018 ASAE Annual Conference and briefs members on the success of the 5K race partnership between HBA and ASAE.
- Episode 33: HBA Live! co-host, Aaron Wolowiec, broadcasts live from TSAE’s “Wellness Hub” at the New Ideas Conferencein Dallas where he challenges his fellow attendees and HBA members to complete 15 simple wellness tips to stay healthy this fall.
Crowd-Sourcing Bonanza: HBA members dish up their favorite recipe sites, recommend fun fitness apps and brainstorm health and wellness tech tools aimed at boosting healthy goal-getting.
- Episode 28: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, tap the HBA community for more favorite fitness support tools from Cooking Light, Nike Training App, Nerd Fitness and Fit Bottomed Girls to The Healthy Maven, FitBit and Shape Magazine.
- Episode 31: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, are at it again exploring a host of online fitness and nutrition tools that were crowd-sourced from the HBA community – from Runners World, Yoga Journal and Women’s Health to Headspace, MyFitnessPal, Beach Body Fitness and GirlsGoneStrong.
Healthy Eating and Exercise Tips:We prove that you don’t have to neglect nutrition when you’re in back-to-back meetings, share ways to work out when you’re in a time crunch and determine what it takes to prioritize staying present when you’re a busy professional!
- Episode 23: AORE’s executive director, Jeanette Stawski, examines the multiple benefits of fitness journaling in her own life and lists easy ways to incorporate this practice into your daily routine.
- Episode 24: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, discuss what it takes to adopt a daily mindfulness practice and offer a variety of resources for members to check out.
- Episode 25: Capitol Hill Management Services’ vice president of association management and strategic development and HBA moderator, Jim Thompson, updates participating members on HBA’s Couch-to-5K summer running program and then serves up seven strategies for making healthy habits stick.
- Episode 26: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, emphasize why it is important to listen to your body.
- Episode 29: CEO of ALN Solutions, Arianna Afshari, goes through her experiences with the Keto Diet (with sample shopping lists and recipes).
- Episode 32: Event Garde’s director of facilitation services, Lindsay Gross, leads a conversation about learning how to listen to and nurture your body when it comes to eating.
- Episode 34: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, look at five ways to turn happiness into an advantage.
- Episode 35: The HBA Live! team interviews The Organic Dietician, Sara Korzeniewski, our new community expert, when it comes to nutrition advice for busy professionals.
- Episode 36: Capitol Hill Management Services’ vice president of association management and strategic development and HBA moderator, Jim Thompson, shares tips for bringing your running routine indoors when it gets cold and reviews key exercises to do in order to avoid shin splints when do you switch things up.
- Episode 37: HBA Moderator and certified Yoga Instructor, Sara Krueger, reflects on her yoga certification experience and shares why the training isn’t just for wannabe teachers. Resources include an infographic on how to choose a teacher training as well as an article looking at the key components of a yoga certification program.
- Episode 38: HBA Moderator and certified Yoga Instructor, Sara Krueger, co-hosts with Angela Pelc to dish on favorite fall recipes that keep nutrition at the forefront! Community members also shared recipes. A full list of links is featured on Facebook.
- Episode 39: HBA Live! co-hosts, Aaron Wolowiec and Angela Pelc, tackle social eating during the holiday and serve up 17 solid tricks for avoiding weight gain.
Make sure that you never miss HBA Live! again by following us online.
HBA's Vimeo channe lfeatures every single show from our 2018 broadcast season. Follow us online today and easily search for topics of interest, watch and bookmark favorite shows, engage with HBA members in the comments, access other reading and resources and even share content with outside professional networks.
NOTE: Visit the HBA Facebook Page to joina unique health and wellness space designed especially with our industry in mind.