10 Days of Holiday Baking with Event Garde - Day 1: Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
On the first day of holiday baking Event Garde team member Kara Nacarato shares with us a delicious, sweet pumpkin treat.
3 cups sugar
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 ½ cups flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (the mini ones work great!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9x5 loaf pans.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly blend flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill each pan 1/2 – 3/4 full and bake for 1 hour or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks before removing from pans and serving.
Note: These can also be made in mini-loaf pans or mini-muffin pans for easy gift-giving to neighbors, friends, co-workers, and family.