Healthy by Association (HBA) is a space for association and hospitality #GoalGetters to set goals, share workout accomplishments, exchange healthy recipes and, above all, stay motivated. Join the movement by clicking the Facebook icon below!
Cream Cheese Filling
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners (this recipe yields 42-48 cupcakes). Set aside.
2. Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and a pinch of salt on medium high speed until light and creamy (about 2-3 minutes). Remember to scrape the bottom and sides of your bowl.
3. Stir 1 cup chocolate chips until incorporated. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine 1 ½ cups flour, 1 cup sugar, ⅓ cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt.
5. Add 1 cup coffee, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and stir until fully combined.
6. Transfer your chocolate batter to your pan, filling each cavity ⅔ full (about 2 teaspoons of batter).
7. Top with a dollop of cream cheese mixture. Gently tap the pan on the counter to help the batter settle.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until you see the sides of your cream cheese filling start turning a light brown.
9. Take out of the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. You can serve the cupcakes now, or chill them in the fridge and serve cold.
Photo and recipe from The Unlikely Baker