Location: Lansing, MI (Eastern Time Zone)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate
- Cultural Intelligence Facilitator Certificate
- Coaching for Equity Course
- Unconscious Bias Learning Lab
- Technology of Participation (ToP) Training
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), College of Saint Benedict & St. John’s University
- Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Michigan, 2023 candidate
Yesenia has extensive experience in health equity, race equity, inclusion, social justice, diversity, cultural competency, community organizing, healing circles, training and facilitation, curriculum design and development, employee resource groups, program development and management, public health, sexual health, health programming, and public speaking. Yesenia has always centered marginalized populations, including racial/ethnic minorities, battered women, immigrants and refugees, victims of rape and sexual assault, formerly incarcerated persons, youth in juvenile correctional facilities, and people with disabilities. She has experience leading projects and workgroups, and always elevates partners and community members in decision making. Yesenia is devoted to dismantling systemic inequities through upstream structural and organizational change. She is passionate and ever thankful for her experience as a career-long facilitator, educator, and trainer. She strives to facilitate equitable, inclusive, courageous, relational, and trusting spaces for people.
Yesenia loves traveling, yoga, food, dancing, music, people, and above all her family and friends.