Whether you facilitate full-scale strategic planning sessions, quarterly/monthly board of directors meetings, weekly staff meetings or informal conversations with staff, we think that filling your facilitation toolbox with various skills, techniques and foundational methods are just as important as having the confidence to experiment with them, learning from both your successes and challenges.
The mission of FACILIT8me (pronounced FACILITATE ME) is to create a relaxed and supportive community of practice ideal for learning and networking with fellow facilitators. Through regular meet-ups, engaging lunch and learns, informal happy hours and a vibrant online community, participants of all experience levels will feel empowered with new resources and greater self-confidence.
Rooting their work in the core values of profound respect and inclusive participation, Aaron Wolowiec, Lindsay Gross and Krista Rowe are Certified Technology of Participation (ToP) Facilitators who lead facilitated events for staffs, boards, members, learners and other key stakeholders. Having built a successful portfolio of facilitation clients, including leading trade associations, individual membership societies, non-profit organizations and government agencies across the United States, both Aaron and Lindsay have gone on to become ToP Mentor Trainers, as well. All three now use their substantial facilitation experience, along with this community of practice, to teach others how to become knowledgeable and confident facilitators. Learn more about the Event Garde team.
Originally imagined for Michigan facilitators, the group now welcomes participants from all geographic locations. Those who are interested may join our free Facebook community to connect with other facilitators and to engage in discussions on topics, tips and resources to grow the knowledge, skills and abilities that support your facilitation practice.
FACILIT8me hosts regular learning and networkig opportunities via Zoom. Regardless of format and agenda, each session offers an opportunity to:
- Network: Every session begins with an opportunity to meet new people and to deepen your relationships with fellow facilitators. Likewise, you'll walk away with new networking techniques to employ with groups.
- Learn: Each meeting features a core facilitation topic led by a certified Technology of Participation (ToP) facilitator. Likewise, participants are encouraged to ask questions and to share their own knowledge/experiences.
- Transfer: We ask participants to bring with them any facilitation challenges (past, present or future) they'd like to discuss as a group. No challenge is too big or small. We leverage the collective wisdom and experience of the group to brainstorm possible solutions and recommended actions.
Save the Date
For specific details about each of our upcoming meet-up opportunities, including topics, descriptions, learning outcomes and more:
- Join our free Facebook community and view event details as they become available.
- Sign up for The Gardian eNews and receive an email update fresh to your inbox as soon as we have more information to share.
- Check out our Events page for confirmed event details and to register for upcoming programs.
Participants in FACILIT8me learning/networking activities, and anyone who joins the FACILIT8me Facebook community, are asked to uphold the following group commitments. Questions of clarity about these commitments, or behaviors that arise in conflict with these commitments, may be directed to the Event Garde team.